Thursday, October 4, 2012

No Socks

The other day when I was buying Isaac dress shoes for my sister-in-law Emily's wedding, I realized that Isaac has not worn shoes . . . or socks since he was 3 months old. That's right-- no socks whatsoever, day or night for two thirds of his life. Living in Houston has it's advantages, and I have to admit using minimal baby clothing is awesome: less hassle, less laundry, less stuff to lose.

But Isaac doesn't even know what shoes are. No wonder he kept trying to kick them off at the store. He thinks they are toys that sit by the front door and are fun to eat if mom isn't looking.

So, I'm a little worried for winter. When it does get colder and he does need to wear socks and shoes, is it going to be battle? I hope not. :-)

3 comments:

Nate and Julie said...

We are facing a similar struggle. I am sure that Gracie wore socks last winter but that was a looong time ago. I put socks on her this week and she looked at me like I was crazy and tried to pull them off until she found a better toy. And now that she is close to walking, I should probably get her some shoes. But every time I have tried to put shoes on her she has not been happy about it. So good luck and let me know if you have any success in keeping them on. I might need some pointers. If he hates them, at least fat naked feet are cute!

Audrey Spence said...

I've been the same way! I just bought Jackson some socks and a couple pairs of shoes. If he gets them off he chews on them but so far doesn't seem too bothered. It is nice when you hardly have to dress them in the summer. We're really going to be changing up quick too since our winters get quite chilly! :)

Elizabeth said...

Evelyn also hates real shoes! She has two pairs-- one pair for church (still sandals, though) and a pair of crocs. We love crocs for babies-- she's able to (try to) put them on herself and she can wear socks with them if need be, but they're not tight like regular shoes.

I think that's a cute observation, though!