Saturday, September 29, 2012

Golden Birthday


Yesterday I turned 28 on the 28th, which means it was my golden birthday. I'm not sure how you're supposed to celebrate your golden birthday as opposed to the rest of your birthdays, but this birthday was wonderful--and slightly different from the rest: no cake, no candles, and no party. But that's how I wanted it.

I must be getting older. Normally, I love parties: the friends, the food, the celebrating. So, I usually throw one for myself, but this year, it just didn't seem important to me.

Instead, Brent took the day off and we spent the day as a family. And it was wonderful! We went to the Children's Museum and let Isaac crawl around and play. I received many wonderful gifts for my birthday, but I think the best gift of all was spending time with the ones I love.

Here are some pictures from the day:













And yes, that is a huge light bright! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy happy Birthday Sarah….I didn't know such a thing as a "golden birthday"…so I am wondering…Mark and I were both born in 1956 and we turned "56" each this past summer…so does that make this our "golden year"?

I loved seeing you and Brent with your little son…memories are so precious…there will be one day (before you know it) when you will think….was he ever really a baby? cherish each day as I know you and Brent do with your little Isaac.