A tradition started in the Sheranian family when I was born. My Grandma, Jean Sheranian, was helping out my parents in Provo after my birth and decided to bake a cake for my one-week birthday. Grandma usually makes a beautiful three-layer round cake, but because my newlywed parents didn't have any round cake tins, she make it in the only pan they had: a 9x13 rectangular pan.
After grandma decorated the cake with my name on it, everyone realized that I was just about the same size as the cake. So they put me and the cake down on a blanket and snapped a picture. It was so cute that Grandma continued to make cakes on the one-week birthday of every baby born in our family.
So of course, we had to continue the tradition! I thought it was very sweet that even though my Grandma Sheranian couldn't be there, Isaac's Grandma Sheranian was the one to bake the cake. We put a yummy twist on the tradition by making a chocolate banana cake and frosting it with whipped cream instead of frosting. Oh my goodness! It was delicious!
3 comments:
That's such a cute tradition! I love that and may have to start it in my own family.
So fun! So cute!
That's so cute! Traditions like that are the best!
Post a Comment