This weekend, I realized that this is only the fourth Valentine's Day Brent and I have spent together. That seems kind of crazy when we are just about to have our second child. We've packed in a lot of life in four years!
First Valentines Day (2011)
Brent and I had been married for six months and had known each other for just under a year. (We met on February 19, 2010.) Brent brought me home a huge balloon that lasted for about four months! and a beautiful rose. And I made the most gourmet dinner of my life (probably before or since): chicken fettuccine alfredo (with pasta made from scratch), pesto bruschetta, roasted asparagus, and "Brent Bait," which is what we call fruit salad tossed with pistachio-flavored whipped cream. It was good I went all out, because honestly it's probably the only time it's going to happen in the next few years . . .
Second Valentine's Day (2012)
I think we did a low-key dinner or takeout at home, but I did pull out all the stops for my gift. I made homemade fortune cookies, with love notes inside each one. I had a 2-month-old baby and on the day of Valentines realized I had nothing to give Brent. . . And shopping really wasn't an option because my sister, Marie, was borrowing my car. So, I found this idea online, and luckily had all the ingredients. And they turned out okay, although it took making about 30 fortune cookies to get these four good-looking ones. Ha ha.
Third Valentines Day (2013)
Last year, Isaac was old enough to get his first Valentine! And probably the cutest one I've ever seen! We did dinner at home again, and although it looks really gourmet, it took me a fraction of the time as the meal from our first year together. (It's all about presentation!) I did make Creme Brulee though, which wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. As you can tell, Brent loved it. I gave him homemade trail mix and he got me gold earrings. Hmmmm.... I sense some disparity between those gifts. . . . . but if you count the meal and dessert, I think it's pretty even. :-)
Fourth Valentines Day (2014)






1 comment:
Dave and I often have the same conversation-- how can we ONLY be approaching our fourth anniversary? Does it feel like we've been married for more like eight years? But in a good way! I'm glad they've been a wonderful four years!
Post a Comment